One of the most important decisions when deciding where to make your next fly-in fishing lodge destination is the LOCATION and the LAKE ITSELF! Choosing these carefully will make a huge difference between a good fishing trip and a great one. With an abundance of untouched natural environment and living skies, your surroundings will stimulate your senses and make you appreciate nature in all its glory.
Things to consider
Our solid log construction cabins accommodate 3 to 5 people. Cabins are fully equipped with propane cooking stoves, refrigerators, electric lights, dishes, utensils, wood burning stoves, wood supply and twin bunks and/or double size beds. Hot showers and flush toilets are located in a central facility. Fresh water outlets are located near the cabins for easy access. Other camp facilities include wood barbecues, picnic/shore lunch site, hiking trails and fish cleaning and freezing facilities.
- Minimum Stay is 3 nights
- Cabins can sleep 4 however 2 per cabin is optimal
- Comfort 14 foot Boats can hold 3 however 2 per boat is optimal comfort
- Cessna 206 float plane flights can hold 3 passengers max however 2 is optimal to allow for extra gear
- Cessna 208 float plane flights can hold 7 passengers max however 6 is optimal to allow for extra gear
- You must bring your own food, water and fishing gear
- PDF depth map of Namur lake – Download Map
Alberta Fishing Regulations
- Alberta’s fishing regulations for Namur Lake Zone NB-4
Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations (albertaregulations.ca)
- Complete Alberta fishing regulations book
The boreal forest of Northern Alberta is known for its pristine, untouched beauty which boasts an opportunity to see wildlife daily. Our remote location and wilderness lodge is perfectly situated so you don’t have to venture far to see many animals and birds. The most common animals to see are moose and black bears. Mink, otters, beavers, fishers, and pine martins are sometimes seen. Timber wolves and other boreal forest wildlife are common in our area. However, you will see many eagles (and sometimes even a nest of youngsters), loons, mallard ducks and many other birds.
Activities such as horseshoes, cribbage, darts and quiet reading make your stay more enjoyable as you have the chance to relax and unwind in pristine wilderness and tranquility.